Values & Ethos
College Vision & Ethos
Havering Sixth Form College aims to be outstanding. Outstanding means the highest possible levels of achievement and progression of all kinds (academic, vocational, sporting, artistic, musical...) by the highest possible number.
In College, the emphasis is placed on supported self-discipline. Students are expected to have a mature and responsible attitude and refrain from any conduct which would harm others or be detrimental to the College.
The ethos of the College serves as a suitable bridge between school and higher education or a career. The College is a very friendly place in which to work and study.
The College aims to be the first choice outstanding provider of full-time education for 16-19 year olds in the area embracing diversity and creating excellent opportunities for all. Staff and students will participate fully in the process of education to reach our collective potential and promote individual achievement at the highest level.
The Mission Statement reflects the commitment of students, staff and Governors to becoming an outstanding provider.
This Mission statement is underpinned by the College Strategic Objectives. Working towards the Strategic Objectives of the College will ensure that we focus on providing an outstanding education as well as ensuring the financial and physical viability of our College Strategic Objectives.
- Learning through continuous development and reflection- capacity is developed and continuous learning is institutionalized
- Responsibility for personal and organization's future is shared
- Honesty- elephants in the room are named and staff and students can speak truth to power, whilst respecting other people and their views
- Independent judgement is expected and respected
- Excellence in achievement and progression
Code of Respect
This College values the diversity and variety of its students and staff. The College expects all students, staff and visitors to treat one another with equal respect and dignity. The College regards abusive or aggressive behaviour as unacceptable.