We have a commitment to offer places to students from Havering. This means the places we can offer to students from outside Havering are restricted and competition is high. In order to help us allocate these places fairly, we have a set of criteria against which we judge applications. These are:
- Hardworking and enthusiastic students, as confirmed by their school reference and/or predicted grades
- Students with significant sporting or other extra-curricular achievement which demonstrates commitment
- Date of application. Applications received after the deadline are much less likely to be successful
- Students who wish to study undersubscribed subjects, for example, Modern Foreign Languages
- Level 2 study programmes and GCSE Maths/English resits are not offered to students who do not live or go to school in Havering
Priority will be given to all students who attend Havering schools or live in Havering. Applicants from Havering 11-16 schools (partner schools) are supported through the transfer process by their school.
The deadline for applications is 31st January, although partner schools may set their own deadline. Late applications may still be considered in extenuating circumstances, however, they are likely to be subject to course restrictions. Very late applications will only be given consideration in late August after the GCSE results are published and preliminary enrolment numbers known.