Aiming High Programme
If you are aspiring to achieve grades 7-9 (A-A*) in all of your GCSEs, we have study programmes and coaching support specifically for you.
Our Aiming High programme is designed to equip you with the skills necessary to gain entry and to thrive at Russell Group universities and UK Medical Schools and their equivalent worldwide.
At this College all students embark together on this important new phase in their educational journey. This ensures equality of opportunity. You will also benefit from the diversity that a college of our size affords, which will broaden your horizons and expose you to a breadth of opinion and culture which in turn will help you to develop the thinking that will improve your chances of progression to the very best universities.
Stretch & Challenge
As part of the Aiming High group, you will benefit from a bespoke study programme comprising of:
- 3 – 4 A Levels
- An enrichment programme that will culminate in achieving the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) in your second year. The EPQ is a demanding qualification that aids the development of the skills, research, analysis, evaluation and debate that are necessary to complete extended pieces of writing and to prepare for University interviews
- The opportunity to give presentations, including to younger more able students from local schools
- MEDICS – if you wish to pursue a medical career in Medicine, Veterinary Science, Dentistry or Pharmacy you will also attend a weekly enrichment (two hours)
Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG)
You will be assigned to a specific member of the CUBE (Careers, University, Business and Employment) with whom you will meet regularly to practise your interview technique, read approved texts outside the curriculum, talk about your subject in depth and with understanding, and also prepare for the entrance exams to prestigious universities.
You will also have access to:
- Events hosted by Oxford/Cambridge/Russell Group universities and Medical Schools, including talks, summer schools and taster sessions
- Escorted visits to Oxford, Cambridge and Medical Schools
- Cambridge/Oxford/Medicine student mentors via alumni
- Quality work experience, should it be required, e.g. medicine, law
- Free university lectures, either in person or online