The 16 to 19 Bursary and Free School Meals Fund aims to provide financial support for economically or socially disadvantaged young people so that they may overcome financial barriers that threaten their participation in education. There are two types of 16 to 19 Bursaries: A Vulnerable Bursary; and a Discretionary Bursary/Free School Meals.
To be eligible for a Bursary/Free School Meals students must:
- Be under 19 years old on 31st August 2018 (Students aged 19 or over are only eligible to receive a Discretionary Bursary if they are continuing on a study programme they began aged 16 to 18 or have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). Students aged 19 or over are not eligible for a Vulnerable Bursary).
- Meet the residency criteria
Successful applicants will receive/be provided with the following:
- Financial support paid directly into the student’s own bank account
- The College deposit and compulsory course costs will be paid for you
- Free School Meals provided
- Students enrolled on the following courses can get a subsidy towards the cost of: Maths – a calculator and Photography – a camera
Which type of Bursary should I apply for?
Discretionary Bursary/Free School Meals, students can apply if:
You live with Parents/Guardians whose annual earnings are less than £19,000 and they are in receipt of means tested benefits.
You should apply using form DCB/FSM
Vulnerable Bursary, students can apply if they are:
- In Care or a Care Leaver
- In receipt of Income Support/Universal Credit and financially supporting themselves.
- In receipt of Employment and Support Allowance or Universal Credit and Disability Living or Personal Independence Payments in their own right
You should apply using form G12
How do I apply?
Complete and sign the relevant application form and return with the supporting documentation as requested to the College’s Finance Services.
Application forms are available from Finance Services.
If you have any queries about the Bursary, please speak to one of the Finance Team in Finance Services or call 01708 514424 or email email@example.com